Before completing the Maintenance Request Form, please read below your Trouble Shooting Guide. Tenants may be charged for a service call if the service person determines that the Tenant failed to perform routine maintenance tasks as outlined below. THESE STEPS can save you money!
- NO AIR CONDITIONING: Check all circuit breakers. Clean and replace filter and test.
- NO ELECTRICITY: Check all circuit breakers, flip them hard to the OFF position and then hard to the ON position. Check all GFI outlets in bathrooms, kitchens, laundry room, and garage.
- DISHWASHER WON’T DRAIN: Clean food out of the bottom of the dishwasher.
- DISHWASHER GRINDS or NO WATER IS COMING IN: Turn off, if no water on the bottom, pour two large glasses of water into the bottom and re-start. If the problem continues discontinue use and inform Landlord.
- SMOKE DETECTOR BEEPS: Replace the battery, check for proper wire termination connection.
- SMOKE DETECTOR WON’T WORK WHEN TESTED: Test with approved smoke detector smoke spray, replace the battery.
- NO POWER TO PLUGS OR SWITCHES: Check and reset breaker panel or replace blown fuses. Check and reset all GFI outlets (located in the kitchen, bathrooms, utility rooms, and garages). Check if the plug works off a wall switch.
- GARBAGE DISPOSAL DOESN’T WORK: When on, do you hear a buzz? If you do not hear a buzz, hit the reset button on the bottom of the disposal and test. If you hear a buzz, turn off the disposal and unplug from the wall. Mounted on the side of the disposal or side of the cabinet may be an Allen wrench. Put the wrench in the center shaft and twist back and forth (this un-jams the disposal). Remove the object that is causing the obstruction, turn it back on, and test. Repeat until the object is removed.
- NO HOT WATER OR TOO HOT/COLD: Check thermostat on tank for proper temperature setting (can be turned up or down if too hot or cold) Check that thermostat is not set to “vacation”. Check and reset the breaker in the power panel. Check and reset the button next to the thermostat.
- TOILET IS PLUGGED: Plunge and test.
- REFRIGERATOR TOO WARM OR TOO COLD: Check the thermostat in the refrigerator to make sure it is set correctly.
Please submit a maintenance request by clicking here: Submit a Maintenance Request